Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Letter


Each object is heavy when I lift it
Each move I make is empty and useless
Each thought I make is painful
Each molecule of my body aches with
The want of becoming nothing
while still being something
The want of being useful instead of
worthless
The want of being needed instead of being
pushed away.
I am
frustrated
sad
lonely
hopeless
screwed over
hurt
abused
used
senseless
psychotic
angry

I AM…
At peace
I am at more peace now than I could ever imagine because I can feel.
I feel the world around me
the pain people go through
the faith young ones have
the loss of life
the sorrow
the anguish.
I am here, crying a silent cry so loud I’m going crazy in my head because I can’t even think as far as my thoughts
emotions
beliefs
ambitions
actions
I can go on forever!
but not know where the hell I stand in this world
in my country
in my school
in my family
in my church
in my mind

but all I know is,
who I’m thinking about as I write this down in a hopeless attempt to clear my mind of my torturer
my best friend
my brother
my love…

1 comment:

  1. a true burst of contrasting emotions. Filled with pain , misery and suffering, but yet you manage to let that slip away and introduce us to a whole new you, almost like a double-personality, with one just bubbling to escape and to show the world that adversity is nothing, pain is not an excuse to hold you back...find your inner peace, your inner sanctuary. You beckonyourself onward propell yourself toward the greatness which you encompass. Amidst this, there is the hint of self-realisation. A true work of art. Let your emotions flow and behold the wonders it creates!

    ReplyDelete